Thursday, April 06, 2006

Elliott's safe!

Oh he better be! I would have had a major fit if he was eliminated. What's the deal? Did he not do a wonderful job singing Garth Brooks' If Tomorrow Never Comes? Kenny Rogers (yes, that famous roaster) was right. Elliot didn't have to use all those frills in his singing as long as he was able to tell the song's story, and I personally think he did a wunnerful, wunnerful job. Heck, I already have the mp3.

Sometimes late at night
I lie awake and watch her sleeping
She's lost in peaceful dreams
So I turn out the lights and lay there in the dark.

If tomorrow never comes,
Will she know how much I loved her?
Did I try in every way to show her everyday
That she's my only one?
If my time on earth were through,
And she must face this world without me,
Is the love I gave her in the past
Gonna be enough to last
If tomorrow never comes?

So tell that someone that you love
Just what you're thinking of
If tomorrow never comes.

Okay, the lyrics might seem a bit mushy to some, but you should hear him sing it! *swoon* I'm not a very big country music fan, but I swear I got goosebumps listening to the song. He sang it beautifully. Watch his performance and see if you don't go "Awww..." afterwards. I certainly did. Hehe.

I really do want him to win. (He's obviously my favorite.) Well, either him or Catherine McPhee :)

Next week I think they're covering Queen. Now that should be interesting. I bet someone's doing a cover of Bohemian Rhapsody.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Nicola said...

miss platon! kaye and i are big elliot fans too! haha! but kaye likes kellie pickler more. kaye keeps on saying CALAMARI. haha! take care miss!

4/07/2006 12:32 AM  
Anonymous Toni said...

Sayang si Taylor 'no? He could've nailed Country but he didn't. Dang wasted opportunity!

Elliott was so nervous ha! It was so obvious. Nevertheless, he still gave a kilig performance.

Katherine is weird. I didn't like her song choice (naks, feeling judge). But I hope she wins because she sings great and is gorgeous.

Why is Ace still there?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

4/07/2006 12:40 AM  
Blogger nicki said...

ooooh i remember last year's constantine maroulis' version of Bohemian Rhapsody. his rockstar version of the Bo-Rahp was insane :D.

i don't really watch this season's american idol, but since they'd be doing Queen next week, i think that would be a worthy watch.

4/07/2006 4:56 AM  
Blogger j jo said...

nicola: haha i was so nervous when they were about to announce whether mandisa or elliot would be the one to get the boot. i actually jumped out of my seat when they announced that elliot was safe! oh no.. haha :) oh yeah, sweet little kellie pickler :) calamari and salmon with an L. haha :)

toni: aww.. true. i miss the old lively crazy taylor! tsk.

i think elliot's being nervous added to the charm of the performance. parang may kinakantahan siyang girlaloo tapos kinakabahan siya. heehee. ang cute.

ahhh.. katherine with a k pala yun. yup! charming, talented, gorgeous... she's got the whole american idol package!

eeew oo nga! *daddy's voice* ace young! hehehe. i don't like looking at ace when he sings. kinikilabutan ako. in a bad way. hehehehe.

nicki: oooh yeah, that was the performance with the tongue move right? ala kiss? haha! yeah, that was one crazy performance! whatever happened to constantine, though?

4/07/2006 3:13 PM  
Blogger kaaaye said...

Hi Ms Platon! :) I can see that you are also an Elliot fan! Haha :) Hey Miss, did you know that I love country music?! Haha! That is why i love the cutie Kellie Pickler.. You should hear me say CALAMARI. Haha, I look funny and stupid :) Haha, take care Miss Platon! :)

4/08/2006 3:59 AM  
Blogger nicki said...

America got drunk and forgot to vote for him on the night he did his rendition of Nickelback's "How Your Remind Me". Well, the judges thought that it was a wee bit "pitchy" and that it wasn't his best. It turns out America actually listens to the judges. whuhoo for them.

i would've loved to go to his gig/concert here [in ATC, i think] a few months ago, but then again i couldn't. that's probably the first and last time that i could have seen him! :)

4/08/2006 7:23 AM  
Blogger nicki said...

** "How You Remind Me"

[whoops, typo.] :)

4/08/2006 9:40 PM  
Blogger j jo said...

kaye: yup, kellie pickler's really cute and really talented, as well. she actually does remind me of carrie underwood, in a cuter, more naive, more innocent kind of way. :) i've noticed that i can't seem to refer to her just as "kellie," but i always have to say "kellie pickler." :)

nicki: i remember feeling all giddy when constantine rendered his own sultry version of "my funny valentine." haha :)

4/10/2006 12:35 PM  
Blogger nicki said...

i loved that performance and i seem to melt each time he "stares" into the camera with those eyes that seem to eat you alive.

know what? thanks to this Constantine comment-conversation, i found myself raiding Youtube of all stuff Constantine M.!!! [and i found this, which might make you feel all giddy because that's his My Funny Valentine performance!!!]

♥ttfn and have a blessed holy week! :)

4/11/2006 2:51 AM  
Blogger j jo said...

darn, the video seems to be missing :/ anyway, i'll try to search for it at youtube, too. thanks thanks :)

have a blessed holy week, too :)

4/13/2006 5:15 PM  
Blogger danica patricia said...

Miss, Elliott was one of the bottom 3 last night. :/

..luckily, he still stayed. :)

4/14/2006 12:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

im a big fan of taylor hicks and elliot and i have all mp3s of all the songs they sang on idol. maaaahn. i know, i loved elliot's if tomorrow never comes!! too bad americans are more attracted to blonde girls with accents to even vote for the good ones, like elliot.

therese

4/26/2006 1:30 AM  
Blogger j jo said...

oooh, i love taylor hicks' rendition of sam cooke's "you send me" :) love love love it. :)

4/26/2006 2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home